Pav Bhaji is considered as one of the most desired street foods. Today I will give Indian Dish Pav Bhaji Recipe Step by Step. This dish is originated from Mumbai. There was a time when only people of Mumbai seems to be fond of Pav Bhaji, but later on, it became everyone favorite street food. I don’t think there would be anyone who will ever deny having Pav Bhaji. Pav Bhaji is also popular in kathiyawadi dishes.
Every occasion and street is incomplete if it doesn’t have the Pav Bhaji. Pav is normally the buns and the dinner rolls which are being served along with the Bhaji (a spicy mixture of mashed veggies). A dollop of butter over the spicy mixture enhances the taste of the dish.
If you ever get a chance to go to Mumbai or you are already a member of it, then never miss a chance to taste the delicious Pav Bhaji of Juhu Beach. As Pav Bhaji of Juhu Beach is considered as quite famous.
Pav Bhaji is known as one of the mouthwatering dishes. So without wasting any time, let us move towards the recipe of Pav Bhaji.
Here is the list of ingredients you need for Pav –
- A Packet of Pav or eggless dinner rolls
- Amul or any Butter to dollop over the Bhaji
Here is the list of ingredients you need for Bhaji –
Bhaji is also known as a spicy mixture of mashed veggies.
- 1 large lemon juice.
- 3 tablespoons of chopped cilantro.
- 2 teaspoons of dried fenugreek leave also known as Kasuri Methi.
- ½ teaspoon of red Mirchi powder or according to taste.
- 1 tablespoon of pav bhaji masala or sprinkle it too according to taste.
- 25 cups of water.
- 25 teaspoons of salt or according to taste.
- 1/3 cup of tomato.
- Chopped 3 large tomatoes.
- Chopped 2 green chilies.
- Chopped 7 cloves of garlic or according to taste.
- Chopped 2 inches of ginger according to taste.
- Chopped 2 medium size onion.
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- 3 tablespoons of butter.
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- ½ cup of frozen boiled green peas.
- 135 grams of Boiled Green pepper
- 2 Boiled Potatoes Large In Size
- ½ Head of Boiled Cauliflower
Or you can also add boiled veggies like brinjal etc.
How to Make Pav Bhaji Step by Step –
Here is the step by step recipe to make the spicy mixture “Bhaji”.
Bhaji Recipe Step –
- Firstly boil all the veggies you are going to put in your spicy mixture and after boiling them keep it aside to let them get cool.
- Keep a large pot over the medium flame and put a 1 tablespoon of butter and oil in it. When the butter is melted and oil seems to get heated enough then you can add cumin seeds in it and wait until cumin seeds turn brown.
- Now add the chopped onions and mix it well. Keep stirring the onions in order to make sure it would not get burnt.
- Keep stirring the onions for around 4 minutes, they will start turning to golden brown in color. Now add the chopped green chili, garlic, and ginger into it.
- Also, add the chopped tomatoes and cook it for around 2 minutes.
- Now add ¼ teaspoon of salt, ¼ cup of water and tomato puree to the mixture. Cover the utensil and don’t remove the cover for around 6 minutes. Soon it will become softened.
- Add one more teaspoon of salt, red Mirchi powder, and the pav bhaji masala into it. Well, you can also add a half teaspoon of sugar only if you want because it is optional.
- Mix the mixture well and now add the 2 teaspoons of dried fenugreek leaves (Kasuri Methi).
- Mash all the boiled veggies with the help of potato masher. Or you can also use a blender to mash all the veggies.
- Now add all the boiled mashed veggies and mix it with the spicy mixture you just made.
- Keep stirring it, until they both are completely mixed.
- Add the remaining 1 cup of water in it. And again mix it well.
- Cover the container and put it on low flame to get heated. It would normally take fifteen (15 min) minutes to get heated.
- Now Open the container and add the 2 tablespoons of butter in it.
- Now add chopped cilantro in it.
- Now you may add the lemon juice and let it get heated more for around 2minutes.
- After 2 minutes you may remove the container from the pan.
- Your bhaji is ready, it is the time to heat pav.
Pav Recipe Step –
You can take burger buns of eggless dinner rolls or simple pav. many people eat pav with Undhiyu. you can also make Undhiyu at home.
- Firstly take out a piece of pav and put it on a baking
- Put a teaspoon of oil around the pav.
- Press the pav lightly to enhance its softness.
- Let it get heated but make sure it shouldn’t get burnt.
- When it starts turning little brown and becomes soft pick it up and keep it in the plate you are going to serve.
- Then turn the side of pav and similarly press it lightly and keep it until it becomes brown again.
You Pav Bhaji is ready and you can serve it with a lemon wedge and chopped onions.
Recommended – How to Make Vegetable Masala Khichadi
Here are some tips to make the world’s Best Pav Bhaji –
✓ Must not forget to keep chopped onions in the plate while serving the dish.
✓ The time you are going to toast the bun or pav, add a pinch of Kasuri Methi and Pav Bhaji masala to the butter and then toast the pav into that butter.
✓ Always use fresh garlic and ginger.
✓ Garnish the pav bhaji with cilantro.
✓ Lemon is considered as a must while serving the dish.
✓ Must not forget to use lots of Kasuri Methi and Butter. It simply enhances the taste of Pav Bhaji.
Recommended – How to Make Veg Moms Step by Step
So it was all about the Pav Bhaji Recipe. Hope you are liking our updates regarding food. We are looking forward to getting the compliments from our visitors. And also must not forget to visit the homepage. If you find any query regarding anything feels free to contact us. We will try to sort out your query anytime.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!