Momos have now become everyone’s favorite street food, and today we give you Veg Momos Recipe Step by Step. Momos is a Tibetan food recipe. People of Tibetan has brought this delicious street food in India. Momos used to quite famous in cities of Himachal and Delhi. But now it seems to be famous in each and every part of India.
There are so many varieties in Momos. Firstly Momos are divided into two categories Steam Momos and Fried Momos, later on, each category is further divided into Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian.
Furthermore varieties of its inner stuffing also you can get to see like In Nonveg Momos “stuffing of meat (lamb, chicken)” and in Veg Momos “stuffing of tofu, paneer, vegetables (capsicum, cabbage, onion, carrot, bean sprouts, baby corn, cooked potato, green beans, mushrooms etc).
The shape of MOMOS also plays one of the best roles in its looks, well in our today’s article. You will also get everything to know about how to make its shape.
The one thing that needs to be pay attention about momos if its Chutney, with which momos are being eaten. Chutney needs to be spicy as well as tasty (not over spicy).
So today we will teach you how easily you can make VEG MOMOS at your home and serve it !! It doesn’t require that much efforts and ingredients. All the ingredients that are required, you can easily get from your nearby store.
Recommended – Gujarati Dish Undhiyu Recipe
Let’s start it without any delay and here’s the list of ingredients you need to make the delicious street food “Veg Momos”.
Ingredients That Are Required To Make Veg Momos:
For the stuffing of Veg Momos:
- ½ teaspoon of Soya Sauce
- ¼ cup of Spring Onion (Scallion and Green Onion)
- ¼ teaspoon of Black Pepper Powder
- ½ cup of chopped Carrots
- ½ cup of chopped Capsicum
- ½ cup of chopped Cabbage
- ½ cup of chopped Onion
- 1 teaspoon of Ginger
- 2 teaspoons of Garlic
- 1 tablespoon of Oil
- The salt according to taste
For making the outer part of Veg Momos:
- ¼ cup of Water
- 1 cup of Flour also known as Maida
Here Veg Momos Recipe Step by Step –
- First of all, you are required to make the inner stuffing. Put the oil in the pan and let it get heated over the medium or high heat flame.
- Once it starts looking heated add the chopped garlic and ginger into the oil.
- Sauté it for around 30 seconds and make sure it should not get burnt.
- Now it is the time to add the chopped vegetables (capsicum, carrot, cabbage, onion and some other veggies).
- Mix the combination and keep stirring it constantly for around 3 or 4 minutes.
- Slightly the veggies will turn start to look soften.
- Now add the required pepper and salt.
- Keep stirring it in order to make yourself sure that it won’t look overcooked. Because it should not look mushy.
- Now add spring onion in the mixture and keep mixing and stirring it.
- Now it is time when you need to add the soya sauce in the right proportionate.
- Keep stirring the mixture to combine the mixture with the sauce and after 5-10 seconds, turn the stove off. Let the mixture of inner stuffing get cool down.
- Meanwhile, you can make the dough for its outer covering. Put the flour in a larger container or bowl and add salt to it.
- Add little water into it and knead it properly (neither soften nor heard). Knead it properly and make a firm dough. Cover the dough and let the dough rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now divide the entire dough into the small portions and make 20 smooth balls of the dough.
- Take out a ball and roll it to 2-inch radius circle. Make sure while rolling the ball to not to leave the edges thinner compared to the center.
- Now bring the stuffing which was being left to get cool. Put a tablespoon of stuffing in the center of the rolled
- Now it is time where you need to pay attention while giving the shape to momos. Now lift the momo from its edge of one side and start pleating it and join the plates of momo till it gets
- Join all the plates with the center of momo and lock it. There you will get a shape of Potli.
- For another shape which is known as half moon, roll the ball to 2-inch radius circle and keep the stuffing of veggies in the center of momo. Now keep the half edge of the circle as it is and start folding the rest half and joined to the first half.
- Both shapes of momos are ready
- Similarly, give shapes to all the
- Now, it is the time to cook them through steam. For this step, add one glass full of water into the steamer pan and put it on the simmer over the medium heat flame.
- Grease each plate of the tray of the steamer with oil in order to prevent your momos to stick with the plate itself.
- Arrange the momos into it and Let them get steam for around 6 to 8 minutes.
After 6 to 8 minutes you can check if they cooked or need more time to get cooked. If it starts looking shiny and transparent and softens in touch. VEG MOMOS are ready otherwise wait for some few minutes more.
Here it was all about the VEG MOMOS RECIPE. And don’t forget to leave your comments and views. If in case you face any trouble regarding our VEG MOMOS RECIPE you can either write to us or leave your comments. And also don’t forget to share this delicious VEG MOMOS RECIPE with your dear and near ones.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!